It’s supposed to be gorgeous hot summer weather here in Johannesburg, however, it’s been pouring with rain! Last night, amidst the thunder & lightning, I decided to try out my new waffle recipe.
It turned out super delicious! Although I only added syrup, you can add chocolate chips, ice cream, cream and any other sauces you can conjure up!
375ml cake flour (I used self raising flour and skipped the baking powder).
15ml baking powder
2 eggs (don’t add all at once – they need to be separated).
50g melted butter (margarine)
1. Sift the DRY ingredients into a bowl.
2. Add the sugar
3. Whisk the milk, egg yolks and melted butter/margarine together.
4. Add them into the dry ingredients, mix well.
5. Using an electric beater, whisk the eggs until stiff (i usually turn the bowl upside down, if nothing comes out, they’re ready 🙂
6. Fold the beaten egg whites into the batter, allow to stand for 10-15 minutes.
7. Spray the waffles plates with non-stick spray, gently pour the batter onto the plates, just enough to cover the base. Let it set slightly, then close the lid.
8. Cook until golden brown (they start smelling really delicious!)
9. Serve with syrup, cream, ice cream, chocolate, fruit – whatever your heart desires.
This makes enough for 3 people.